Cruise ship cable fire protection.
The ship is delivered to Carnival from Fincantieri yard in Monfalcone, Italy in May 2016. This is Carnival Cruise Lines ship number 25 and they are all protected by Fire Security.
Carnival Vista offers unique features including a cycling experience called SkyRide, IMAX Theatre, and a Pub & Brewery offering beer brewed on board. Vista is the biggest Carnival ship to date and can accommodate close to 4000 passengers. Carnival as the biggest cruise company with its 10 cruise brands, says that this year more than four million guests will sail with them.
Why Carnival choose Fire Security.
In a letter of recommendation Carnival says:
“Fire Security products are used in a variety of engine room space, specifically the separator rooms, incinerator flat, emergency generator, and azipod rooms. Carnival contracted with them to complete the remaining vessels in our fleet. Carnival is very pleased with how Fire Security assisted our company in these various projects and can offer Fire Security and their coatings our highest recommendation.
In a fire situation, our FS 1 cable coating will prevent:
- Ignition of the cable insulation.
- Release of toxic fumes from the cable insulation.
- Release of poisonous gas (HCL) from the cable insulation.
- The cable tray from melting and collapsing.
- at vital cables will function during a fire, and if the fire is ceased within a reasonable time, there is no need for replacement of the cables.
See our video Fire Protection of Cables on Cruise Ships.